4 cups potatoes, cooked
16 slices Smithfield Cherrywood Stack Pack Bacon, cooked
1 cup onion, diced
½ cup goat cheese
24 round wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons chives
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
½ cup (1 stick) butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Peel the potatoes and boil them until soft. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy. Lay the cooked bacon on a paper towel to drain the grease.
3. Caramelize diced onion and set aside.
4. Mash potatoes and add in the caramelized onion, goat cheese and half of the bacon.
5. In a small bowl, mix the egg white with the water to create an egg wash.
6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop a small serving of the potato filling into the center of one round wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in the egg wash and run it around the outside of the wonton wrapper. Fold in half and push the seam closed to seal.
7. Boil wontons for 2 minutes, then remove from the water and fry in a pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of butter or bacon grease to give it a nice crispy outside.
8. In a medium-sized bowl, use a whisk to whip ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
9. Pierogis are best served hot, topped with more chopped bacon, chives and a little scoop of the maple butter. Serve alongside your favorite brunch foods for an amazing spread.
Recipe Credit: Rachel Lister of: http://busymommymedia.com/caramelized-onion-goat-cheese-bacon-pierogis-maple-butter/