1. Prep sweet potato ahead of time. Pierce the sweet potato skin 5-6 times. Place on a microwaveable plate and microwave for 5-7 minutes or until cooked.
2. In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Remove and toss in onion in leftover bacon grease. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent. After bacon cools, dice into small pieces.
3. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise, then scoop out the middle of the sweet potato.
4. Mash sweet potato into a bowl.
5. Stir in salt, pepper, onions and half the bacon bits. Place sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Scoop mash into potato shells, then create a large divot for the egg.
7. Crack egg into the sweet potato and bake.
*Time Saver Tip:
- Prepare sweet potatoes ahead of time
- Dice onion ahead of time