1. Prepare waffle batter & cook waffles, rolling into cones & holding in glasses or paper cones.
2. With table knife, spread hazelnut-cocoa spread into centers of waffle cones. Place two strips of bacon into each cone & fill with berry mixture and granola.
Want to take your waffles to the next level? Try tossing you berries in a small amount of egg white to lightly wet the surface & toss in granulated sugar to coat. Let dry for one hour for an added sweet crunch & jewel-like sparkle. You can also heat some additional hazelnut-cocoa spread & drizzle over your creation for a little extra indulgence!
Don’t have a bubble waffle maker? Try making recipe by stacking regular waffles or pancakes & layering with hazelnut-cocoa spread, berries & granola!
Bubble Waffle Batter (makes about 5-6 waffles)
2 3/4 cup cake flour
1/4 cup cornstarch or tapioca starch
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. nonstick cooking oil spray
6 large eggs, lightly beaten with fork
1 cup water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until mixed well. Add in remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth & let rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Preheat waffle maker (about 375-400°F if adjustable), then lightly spray with nonstick cooking oil before pouring about 2/3 cup of batter into waffle maker (may vary depending on the size of your waffle maker).
3. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown & starting to crisp. Remove from waffle maker & roll into cone shape. Let rest in small glass until cooled & shape has set. Repeat with remaining batter.