NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Smithfield Fresh Meats Sales Corp., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively referred to hereinafter as either the “Company” or “Sponsor”) will conduct the Smithfield Smokin’ Showdown Contest (hereinafter the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description Grand Prize and Participant Prizes:
Eight (8) Grand Prize Winners (one from each event competition) will receive a Smithfield Racing RTIC cooler and tailgate prize pack. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $300 each
Forty (40) Participants (five from each event) will receive a $50 coupon booklet for Smithfield products, and an opportunity for a pre-race meet and greet with Aric Almirola (schedule permitting). ARV: $50 each
2. Description of Contest:
Company will hold a Smithfield Smokin’ Showdown contest (“Competition”) with up to three (3) randomly selected participants to be competitors at the following locations, dates and times. The drawing date for participants will be at approximately 5:30 PM (local time) on the day prior to the applicable date of each Competition:
1. Sunday, February 18, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114;
2. Sunday, March 4, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 7000 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89115;
3. Sunday, May 6, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 1131 N Dupont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901;
4. Sunday, June 24, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 29355 Arnold Dr, Sonoma, CA 95476;
5. Sunday, July 1, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 500 Speedway Blvd, Joliet, IL 60433;
6. Sunday, July 22, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at 1122 NH-106, Loudon, NH 03307;
7. Saturday, September 22, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Display located at 602 E Laburnum Ave, Richmond, VA 23222;
8. Sunday, November 18, 2018 at the Smithfield Race Fan Display located at One Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd, Homestead, FL 33035
*Dates and times are subject to change.
The Competition will commence at approximately 9:00 AM (local time), with exception to the Saturday competition held in Richmond (September 22) that will take place at 3:30 PM (local time). Participants must arrive and check in with the Competition officials thirty (30) minutes prior to listed start time. Any participant who does not arrive and check in fifteen (15) minutes prior to the listed start time shall forfeit his or her right to participate in the Competition and alternate participants will be selected from the submissions for entrants on the day of the Competition (“Alternate Participants”). The winner of the Competition (“Competition Winner”) will be the participant who receives the highest score on their dish. Company shall determine which of its pork products will be featured and in each competition, and may include bacon, ham, fresh pork, or other pork products. Company shall determine the winner at its discretion and sole interpretation of Contest rules. Company reserves the right to change the location, date and time of the Competition at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice to selected entrants. The Competition Winner will win one Grand Prize.
The Competition: The three randomly selected Competitors will be given between 45-90 minutes to prepare the dish of their choice featuring two Smithfield products selected by Company. Competitors will be provided with a pantry full of a variety of ingredients, spices, and sauces to use for their dish. Competitors will also be provided with a grill and grill tools to prepare their dish. Competitors shall only use the pantry and tools provided by the Sponsor AS IS. Competitors shall not bring any products, ingredients, spices, sauces or grilling tools to the Competition.
Judging: Dishes will be judged by a panel of judges based on the following criteria; 1) 40% Originality/Creativity using Smithfield Products; 2) 40% Appearance; 3) 20% Oral Presentation (based on oral presentation of dish and your answers to the questions asked by judges regarding your dish).
3. Dates of Contest Entries:
The dates for entries for the Competitions will begin on February 18, 2018 and end on November 18, 2018.
4. How to Enter: Entries to be a participant at a Competition may be made by visiting the Smithfield Fan Display during the two days prior to a Competition, and registering before 5:00PM (local time) on the days before the Competition to be a participant in the Competition (“Participants”) at the locations, dates and times above. In their entries, entrants must provide their email address, gender, date of birth, legal name and residential address (as the information appears on an entrant’s driver’s license or other government-issued form of identification), phone numbers (mobile and home), and accept the Contest Terms & Conditions. At approximately 5:30 PM (local time) on the evening before the Competition, a representative from the Company will notify five (5) randomly selected entrants by phone that he or she has been selected as a Participant. Three (3) Competitors will be selected randomly from the group of participants to compete in the Competition. If less than Three (3) notified participants show up for a Competition, the Company, at its discretion, may select Alternate Competitors from among qualified prospective entrants on-site who are willing to provide the information and complete the entry form as required.
5. Other Requirements: All information must be presented. No Purchase necessary. YOU MUST BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE. Participants may be asked to provide a government-issued form of identification to verify age. Participants must acknowledge and fully understand the inherent dangers and risks associated with participating in a cooking contest, and must sign a release form provided by the Company. Participants shall be required to wear shirts and hats provided by the Company. No other logos, brands, trademarks etc. shall be visible on participants during the Qualifying Event Competition or Final Competition
6. Eligibility, Limitations and Drawing/Odds: All entries must be submitted by the date and time set forth herein. Participants and winner(s) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as determined by the Company on or before the date of the Competition he or she intends to participate in. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of radio or television stations advertising or promoting the Contest, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Persons are only eligible to compete in one Competition during the Contest Dates.
THE DRAWING: Participants will be selected by a drawing from eligible entries as provided herein. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing date will be on or about the dates listed above.
7. Publicity; Use of Personal Information: By participating, all Participants and Winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, Participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from Participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
8. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a Competition Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the Prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any Prize that are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each Winner must provide the Company with valid identification, mailing address, and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning a Prize valued at over six hundred dollars ($600.00) will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Decisions: By participating in the Competition, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company. Company reserves the right to disqualify any Participant or Winner and may refuse to award any Prize to a person who is ineligible or who Company believes has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the Contest, and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Company and are final. Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
11. Miscellaneous: Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available by mail with written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope at PROtential, 3722 Illinois Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174, Attn: Smithfield Smokin’ Showdown Challenge Contest Rules the address indicated above, or may be read on this website http://www.smithfield.com. All entries become the property of Company and will not be returned.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PRIZE, WINNERS MUST SIGN AN OFFICIAL WAIVER FORM PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY.
BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT, PARTICIPANT OR WINNER AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, CONTEST PARTIES, CONTEST PROVIDERS AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OR ANY OTHER SPONSOR OR PROVIDER (COLLECTIVELY “RELEASEE(S)”) BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THEM FROM, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DEATH, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND COUNSEL FEES AND COURT COSTS) ARISING OR RESULTING FROM ANYTHING RELATING TO:
• THE PRODUCTION, PROMOTION, ADMINISTRATION OR EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST (OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN IT);
• CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION OR RESCHEDULING OF ANY ASPECT OF THE CONTEST;
• ANY WEB SITE(S) RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR MATERIALS ON THE WEB SITE;
• ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE; OR
• PARTICIPATION IN OR TRAVELING TO ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY.
LIMITATIONS: Neither Company nor any other Releasees are responsible for: lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail, shipping or email; any website, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, Internet or other equipment, electronics, software, service, transmission, connection, processing or other errors, failures, congestion, accessibility or availability issues; unauthorized access, tampering, hacking, theft or destruction; or other technical or human error in the receipt or processing of entries, or other submissions (whether to or from) or otherwise related to the production, promotion, administration or execution of the Contest.
TAMPERING/VIOLATIONS/DISRUPTION: Company may, in its sole determination, disqualify any person it believes may be tampering with the entry or other operation of the Contest or acting in violation of the rules, in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
CANCELLATION/MODIFICATION: Company may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if the Contest is not capable of running as Company planned for any reason (including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, fraud, technical or human error or any other causes which Company, in its sole discretion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or intended conduct of this Contest).
NO PRIZE WARRANTY: WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and the local or state jurisdictions in which the Contest is held, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Company shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: The laws of the State of Virginia, excluding the rules of conflicts of law, shall govern this and all matters arising out of or related to this Contest. The parties, including Contest winners, hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in Norfolk, Virginia. Each party expressly agrees that it is subject to the jurisdiction and venue of those courts for purposes of such litigation. Each party hereby waives and covenants not to assert any claim that is not subject to personal jurisdiction if those courts or that venue in those courts is for any reason improper, inconvenient, prejudicial or otherwise inappropriate (including, without limitation, any claim under the judicial doctrine of forum non conveniens).