NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: Smithfield Farmland Sales Corp., 111 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430
1. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: The Smithfield Fast Track to Florida Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing promotion comprised of approximately $4,448 in prizes. Brookshire Grocery Company is retail partner (“Retail Partner”) for the Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. on July 24, 2017 Central Time (CT) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 31, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S residents of AR, LA and TX who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and who live within a 25-mile radius of a Brookshire Grocery Company store location. You must be a Brookshire’s Thank You Card (“Thank You Card”) holder and be registered to receive yourpoints (“Registered User”) in order to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Applying for a card and registering is free – just visit any in-store kiosk at participating Brookshire’s Food Stores, or get a new card online by registering at http://brookshires.mywebgrocer.com/User/Register and follow the onscreen instructions. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Smithfield Farmland Sales Corp. (“Sponsor”), Brookshire Grocery Company, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotional Entities”), as well as the family and household members of same (including spouses, parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, grandchildren), shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. Entrants acknowledge that, Sponsor is not liable for reimbursement of any prizes otherwise payable to Sweepstakes contestants who are in violation of this provision.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win a trip for two (2) to Miami, Florida on November 18-20, 2017 and the Ultimate VIP Race Day Experience on November 19, 2017. The Grand Prize includes: (A) round- trip coach air transportation from the major gateway city nearest winner’s residence to Miami, FL, (B) ground transportation to/from the Miami airport and the raceway in
Homestead, FL, (C) standard double occupancy room hotel accommodations for two (2) nights, (D) $200 gift card to purchase tickets to the Richard Petty Motorsports race on November 19, 2017, (E) Meet & Greet with Richard Petty and Aric Almirola, (F) Pre-race Pit & Garage Tour, (G) Pre-race lunch with members of the Richard Petty Motorsports team, and (H) $1,000 gift card for spending money to cover meals and local entertainment expenses. ARV: $3,500
Twelve (12) Second Prize winners will each receive a Weber® Grill featuring the Smithfield Racing™ logo. ARV $79 each
Total ARV of all prizes: $4,448
Limit one (1) prize per person per household. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Prizes are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use, not specifically provided herein, are the responsibility of the winner. Gift cards are subject to the standard terms and conditions listed thereon (including expiration dates). Winners will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets purchased with any gift cards that the winner is unable to use for any reason. Tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that event admission related to any tickets purchased by the winner may be subject to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to the ticket holder and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Other gift card and ticket terms and conditions may apply. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes and will receive a Form 1099 for any prizes valued at $600 or greater.
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
(i) In-Store at Brookshire Grocery Company store location: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit a participating Brookshire’s Store location and purchase at least three (3) Smithfield products, listed in Exhibit B attached hereto, in a single transaction using your Thank You Card. Upon making the purchase, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
(ii) No Purchase Required Mail-In Entry: To enter without making a purchase, print on a 3” x 5” index card your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, day and evening phone numbers, Thank You Card number and mail it to Smithfield and Brookshire’s Fast Track to Florida Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 1411, Tyler, TX 75710. You will receive one (1) entry for each mail-in entry you submit, subject to limitations. Any mail-in entry with incomplete information will be considered ineligible. Each entry must be in a separate postage-stamped outer envelope. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor Retail Partner is responsible for lost, late, illegible, invalid, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail and/or entries, which will be disqualified. Mail-in entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No purchase necessary for mail-in entries. A purchase does
not increase your chances of winning. All mail-in entries must be post-marked by August 31, 2017 and received by September 6, 2017.
LIMIT: MAXIMUM OF FIVE (5) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/ODDS: Winners will be selected randomly from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Retail Partner will conduct a random drawing (“Drawing”) on or about September 8, 2017. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of the Drawing. Potential prizewinners of the Drawing will be notified by telephone or email on or about September 8, 2017. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address/ Thank You Card used for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant or winner, the entrant or winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Thank You Card account was opened. If a prizewinner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prizewinner is ineligible, or a prizewinner declines a prize, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may forfeit a prize if a potential prizewinner fails to respond to a prizewinner notification within 48 hours. In such event, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release within 72 hours following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner, if time permits. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded.
7. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Promotional Entities and their advertising and promotional agencies to use winner’s name, address (city and state), likeness and/or voice for advertising and promotional purposes for this Sweepstakes only, without additional compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by law.
9. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and prizewinners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Promotional Entities, which are final in all respects and not subject to appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, any related Abbreviated Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: any entry form, point-of-sale material, or television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall govern. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify permanently from this Sweepstakes any entrant it believes has violated these Official Rules and verify eligibility of entrants or require potential prizewinners to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any
communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. All Sweepstakes materials are subject to verification and are void if (i) not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules and through legitimate channels, (ii) any part is counterfeited, altered, defective, damaged, illegible, reproduced, tampered with, mutilated or irregular in any way, (iii) are obtained where prohibited, or (iv) they contain printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of Sweepstakes materials submitted to Sponsor. In the event, any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by activities beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes or this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor, or any other Promotional Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw from those entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date to award prizes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS.
10. RELEASE OF LIABILITY/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotional Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claims made by any entrant, prize winner, or any other third parties, related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in any promotion related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded
shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts in the State of Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, excluding attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain an award for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All claims or disputes related to or involving these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Smithfield, Brookshire’s Fast Track to Florida Sweepstakes, 3722 Illinois Ave., St. Charles, IL 60174 by no later than December 31, 2017.
Smithfield® is a registered trademark of SF Investments, Inc. Used under license.
WEBER® is a registered trademark and Original Kettle™ is a trademark of Weber-Stephen Products LLC. All rights reserved. Used with permission.